I can’t believe that we are already half way through. I’m really enjoying putting this meal plans together. And I hope you guys find it useful and this meal planning helps you 🙂
1. Heat oil in a frying pan until pretty hot and saute chopped kale (center ribs removed) for 2 minutes with a little salt. Set aside kale and wipe out pan.
2. In a bowl, beat one egg and season to taste. Add oil to frying pan. Pour beaten egg into pan and let it spread thinly. Lower the heat. Once the omelet is cooked, use a rubber spatula to gently fold the omelet into quarters.
3. Stack kale and egg on toast. Grate cheese on top. Place toast back into warm pan and cover for 30 seconds to melt cheese.
Sweet Potato Banana Bites
- 1/2 c cooked, mashed sweet potato (approx 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (approx 1 medium)
- 1/4 c nut butter
- 2 eggs
- cinnamon, to taste
- Optional mix-ins: dark chocolate chips, fruit, chia seeds, etc
- Smash the sweet potato and banana together in a small bowl.
- Add the peanut butter, eggs and cinnamon & mix well.
- Stir in any additional mix-ins and spoon into greased mini muffin tins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 18 minutes.
You could also try subbing another pureed fruit like applesauce in these. In my experience they’re a bit less sweet but still good.
You can also add a splash of vanilla extract for more flavor if desired!
Clean Thai Turkey Meatballs
- 2 lbs ground turkey, extra lean
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded & liquid squeezed out
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp basil, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tsp red curry paste
- 2 tbsp coconut milk, light (canned)
- 1/8 tsp hot pepper chill flakes
- Cooking spray (I use Misto)
- 1 + 1/2 cup coconut milk, light (canned)
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp red curry paste
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1/8 tsp hot pepper chili flakes, or to taste
- 5-6 kaffir lime leaves (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine ingredients for meatballs, mix with your hands thoroughly. Make 28 meatballs by spooning heaping 1 tbsp of mixture and rolling between your hands. Lay on a cutting board or plate. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat large, 12″ or larger, skillet on high, spray with cooking spray. Add meatballs and cook until brown, for about 2-3 minutes. No need to cook the meatballs through. Add the sauce, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes, uncovered. Serve warm with brown rice or brown rice noodles. Add garnish like fresh cilantro and green onions.
- Organic Rice Cakes- Gluten Free
- 1 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter (creamy or chunky)
- 1/2 banana (sliced)
Simply spread 1 Tbsp of natural peanut butter on your favorite flavored rice cake and cover with sliced banana….yes it is really that easy!!
I’m currently obsessed with this smoothie. I’m drinking it almost every day whether it’s on my meal plan or not. I had to try different recipes to see what I like in my smoothie and what I don’t. And I came up with this one. So if you like your smoothie more on the sour side than sweet you will love it.
Here’s what you need for 1 serving:
- Grapefruit (half)
- Orange (half)
- Frozen berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries) (handful)
- Coconut water (half a cup)
Blend everything together and enjoy! I add coconut water to make smoothie not so thick, you can add regular water, but coconut water is very useful, and I can’t drink it by itself, so I add it to my smoothie. You can also add chia seeds.
Easy Pepper Steak
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. corn starch
- 1/8 tsp. coarsely-ground black pepper (or more/less to taste)
PEPPER STEAK INGREDIENTS:
- 1 lb. thinly sliced flank steak or sirloin, cut diagonally across the grain into thin strips
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 12 mini sweet peppers, thinly sliced (or 2 regular-sized bell peppers, thinly sliced)
- 2 scallions, sliced diagonally into 1 inch pieces, white and green pieces separated
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
TO MAKE THE MARINADE:
Add all marinade ingredients to a large bowl or ziplock bag, and stir to combine. Add the sliced steak, and toss in the marinade. Cover/seal and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
TO MAKE THE PEPPER STEAK:
Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the sweet peppers and white part of the scallions, ginger, garlic, and saute for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a plate.
Add the remaining 1 Tbsp. oil to the saute pan. Remove half the steak from the marinade with a slotted spoon (reserving the marinade) and saute about 2-3 minutes until browned, stirring occasionally. Transfer steak to plate with the veggies. Saute the remaining steak, then transfer to plate.
Add the reserved marinade to the skillet and cook for 1 minute or until thickened. Add the steak, veggies and green parts of the scallions to the skillet, and stir to combine. Cook for an additional minute, then remove from heat.
Serve immediately over rice or quinoa.
Lox and Cream Cheese Crackers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- To make schmear, combine cream cheese, sun dried tomatoes, capers, red onion, garlic, and lemon juice in a bowl; stir well to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour (or longer) so flavors can meld.
- To prepare, spread 1-1/2 tsp. schmear on RITZ Everything Cracker and top with cucumber half and piece of smoked salmon.
Broccoli Quinoa Casserole
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup Panko*
- 3 boneless, skinless thin-sliced chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil an 9×13 baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook quinoa according to package instructions. Within the last 5 minutes of cooking time, add broccoli on top and steam until cooked through.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add Panko and cook, stirring, until browned and toasted, about 3 minutes; set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in the skillet. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, to taste. Add to skillet and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- Melt butter in the skillet over medium heat. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in quinoa, broccoli, chicken, 1 cup cheese and Greek yogurt; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread broccoli mixture into the prepared baking dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Place into oven and bake until cheese has melted, about 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with Panko, if desired.
*Panko is a Japanese-style breadcrumb and can be found in the Asian section of your local grocery store.
Apple-Pecan Baked Oatmeal
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups milk
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large granny smith apple, cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9×9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray;set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large glass measuring cup or medium bowl, add the eggs and whisk. Once eggs are slightly whisked add the milk, butter and vanilla extract.
- Add liquid mixture to the oat mixture and mix until combined. Add apple pieces and mix well.
- Scoop mixture into prepared baking dish and spread out evenly. Top with chopped pecans.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, or until set. Serve with warmed milk and other fruits, if desired.
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; reserve 1/2 cup water and drain well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and Parmesan; set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes; reserve excess fat.
- Stir in garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to low.
- Working quickly, stir in pasta and egg mixture, and gently toss to combine; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add reserved pasta water, one tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
xo JANE xo