Taco Sweet Potato and Spinach Egg Bake
- 3 small (12 oz) sweet potatoes, coarsely grated
- 6 large eggs or 3 large eggs + 1 cup egg whites (my choice)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1/2 tsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup any milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/2 cup any cheese, shredded (I used full fat white cheddar)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp jalapeno, seeded & minced (for kid friendly I used 1/2 tbsp)
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, line 8 x 8 square baking dish with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.*
- In a large mixing bowl add eggs, salt, pepper, taco seasoning and whisk for 30 seconds. Add milk, cheese, cilantro, garlic, jalapeno peppers and whisk to combine.
- Add sweet potatoes and spinach, mix, transfer to prepared baking dish and bake for 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve hot, warm or cold.
*You could also use a non-stick muffin tin, just make sure to spray it REALLY well with cooking spray or use BPA-free silicone baking cups. I also like to double the recipe, bake in 9″ x 13″ baking dish and freeze for later. Please note, baking time will increase by about 20 – 25 minutes, depending on your oven.
Cut an avocado in half, the long way. Remove the pit. Get creative and stuff with your favorite salad, cuisine, or an egg.
Here are couple of options: