Cheese Tater Tot Breakfast Bake
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 lb ground breakfast sausage, no casings
- 2½ cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 extra large eggs or 3 large eggs
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- pinch of table salt (1/8 tsp)
- 2 lbs frozen tater tots
- 3 TB freshly chopped parsley for garnish
- In a very large skillet, cook sausage on medium high heat, breaking up the meat and browning it. Once cooked through, drain and layer onto the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking pan. Evenly sprinkle 2 cups of the cheese over cooked sausage.
- In a large bowl, hand-whisk together the milk, eggs, pepper, onion powder, and salt. Once mixed, pour evenly over the cheese and sausage in baking dish. Layer top with frozen tater tots. If not baking right away, cover tightly with foil and chill in fridge until the next morning.
- When ready to bake, set oven to 350F with rack on lower middle position. Once oven reaches 350F, place casserole in oven for about 35 minutes. Top with additional ½ cup cheese, cooked/crumbled bacon, and bake another 5-10 minutes or until sides are bubbling and top is golden brown. Garnish with chopped parsley, let rest at room temp 10 minutes, and serve.
- 1/4 cup almond meal or crushed almonds
- 2 tablespoons raw coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt, low-fat
- 2 tablespoons honey, (optional stevia liquid to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh chopped strawberries and/or raspberries
- 6-cup muffin tin and liners
Line a 6-cup muffin tin with silicone or parchment cupcake liners. In a small bowl, stir together almond flour, coconut sugar, and coconut oil. Spoon a small amount into the bottom of each lined cup.
In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt and honey, or stevia to sweeten. Spoon 2 tablespoons into each muffin cup, covering the crust.
Top with fresh chopped berries. Freeze until firm, about 6 hours. To serve, remove from silicone wrapper and enjoy!
Continue reading “12 Weeks Meal Plan | Week 10”