I feel like right now I’m at the age when I really need to start taking care of my skin to prevent wrinkles, fine lines, dark circles (well, that I already have thanks to sleep deprivation). And I’m 28, in case you’re curious 🙂 A couple of years ago I haven’t even used an eye cream on a regular basis, I should’ve, but I haven’t. And only recently I started to feel that my under eye area feels dry and needs some moisture. I started to look for an eye cream, I purchased a couple from a drugstore, and then I tried a high end one. And I realized that I’m pretty picky when it comes to eye creams 🙂 One was too thin for me and oily, another one was too thick. Recently I’ve had an opportunity to try True Glow Eye Cream by Valentia. Here is what the brand claims:
Valentia True Glow Eye Cream – An illuminating antioxidant rich eye cream that helps lock in moisture,
repair and tighten skin for a youthful looking glow around the eye area.
This Corrective Eye Treatment Will:
– Diminish fine lines & wrinkles
– Nourish & hydrate
– Tighten the under eye area
– Brighten dark circles
– Reduce puffiness
Specially selected ingredients work together to achieve optimum results.
– Astaxanthin: A powerful antioxidant that increases moisture levels, smooths fine line and wrinkles, and restores elasticity to the skin.
– Resistem: Natural Plant Stem Cells repair and protect the skin from harsh environmental pollutants and stress related aging.
– Vitamin C: Leaves the skin smooth and visibly brighter for a well-rested and bright eyed look.
– Organic Rosehip Oil: Provides intense hydration to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
– Arnica: A key anti-inflammatory agent to the restorative process that works to diminish the appearance of dark circles.
After using this eye cream for 2 weeks I must say that I really like it. It’s not too thin, it’s not too thick, it’s not oily and it doesn’t dry out my under eye area. I’ve noticed that when I apply my concealer after using this eye cream, the area under my eyes doesn’t look cakey and concealer doesn’t move. Also, my skin feels really hydrated throughout the day, and I don’t feel the dryness I felt there before. I still have dark circles, but I think I will continue having them until my 6 months old baby boy starts to sleep through the night (hope it will happen soon, fingers crossed lol 😉 where is emoji for that?? ). Valentia eye cream has a nice citrusy smell. And I love the packaging, it has a pump, so it’s more sanitary this way.
How to apply:
Apply twice daily, morning and night, after cleansing skin. The under eye area is delicate so eye cream should be applied gently.
Using your ring finger, gently dab eye cream in using a patting motion going around the orbital bone and
working inwards toward the bridge of your nose.
Where to find: Amazon
Dear Readers, which one is your favorite eye cream? Why?
Disclaimer*: This product was sent to me for review. The opinion is honest and based on my experience after using the product.
xo JANE xo